Using your broadband internet connection you can:
No line rental (uses your broadband)
Make unlimited local and national calls
Have the features of a business telephone system PBX without having to buy the equipment (it's hosted)
Connect remote extensions (like home workers) as part of your office telephone system
Have voicemail messages sent to your email
Your staff can be called directly or via an Auto Attendant, Call Group or Call Queue
How it Works
The quality of your Broadband Internet access is critical if you wish to use it for your business phone calls and take advantage of cheap VoIP rates, plus other call handling features.
Important things to consider:
- Download and upload speeds (when you make calls, it is important that you have a good upload speed because that affects the quality of the voice data you send out).
- Quality of your modem (should have the ability to optimise for Voice data… called QoS – Quality of Service). This means that if there is a lot of voice and data traffic on your network, the voice traffic will be given priority.
- No tapering or shaping. Normally when you reach your download limit the speed of your connection is slowed down considerably. This is not ideal for voice communication because it renders the connection useless. Use a service that does not taper (but charges for excess usage) or a service that emails you with notification that you are close to your monthly quota (like iiNet).
- Use a Business grade plan because it is expected that you need the service up and running (with no downtime) most of the time. If this is critical see if your ISP has an SLA (Service Level Agreement).
- Ensure that your Business grade Broadband has been prioritised for Voice.
If you have more than 6 extensions we recommend a dedicated VoIP ADSL service for your voice traffic. Please contact virion for ADSL pricing.
The term ‘line’ is usually associated with a copper wire coming into your office. This line normally comes with the functionality to allow you to make voice calls and each one comes with its own “telephone number”. With a VoIP Telephone system PBX the meaning is different.
Because you are using your Broadband Internet access to “transport” your calls, the term line (also known as a channel or extension) is referred to as a Subscription and can “handle” more than one concurrent conversation (at the same time). It also includes features like the ability to:
- Put a call on hold
- Transfer calls
- Have music on hold and transfer
- Allow for Direct indial to each extension (saves having to route the call through reception)
- Separate voicemail for each extension
Every subscription comes with a Direct Indial Number (called a DID). You can choose whether to make these numbers known to your customers (have them call you directly, bypassing Reception), or have every call go through reception before they get to you.
A great feature of VoIP business grade telephone systems is that each Subscription with voicemail can have the voicemail messages emailed to the user of that extension.
The fee per Subscription is $29.90 (+GST)
This fee includes unlimited local and national calls
IP Telephone Handsets
IP stands for Internet Protocol and the great feature about IP Phones and business grade VoIP telephone systems is that each handset is smart and doesn’t require connection to a PBX unit in your office.
Each device is configured to work with the CloudPBX system so you can actually take the phone home if you wish.You can take your phone with you when you travel and act as if you are in your home town (this includes low VoIP call charges).
When you purchase your IP Handsets to work with your NEW CloudPBX Telephone System you’ll only pay the wholesale price for each handset
We recommend industry leading Cisco and Yealink IP phones.
Cost is $75 (+GST) per handset
IP Phone Handset Configuration
Some fundamental questions that need to be answered when a new IP handset is configured includes the DID (direct Indial Number) and Internal extension, which employee the phone is allocated to and their email address.
Other things to consider are:
- Do you want the DID to be visible to people your staff call?
- Would you prefer to have your main indial number show when staff call out?
- How do you want to access Voicemail (button on the phone or simply dial in)
- Do you want a different voicemail service for every employee or one central one?
The Setup cost for each handset includes it being configured for your CloudPBX, delivery to your office and remote support for your IT person when the phone arrives in your office.
Configuration Cost: $50 (+GST) per handset
What happens when your main incoming phone number is called? Do you want the reception phone to ring and then forward to another handset after 10 seconds? If that’s not answered, would you like the call to go to voicemail?
Call handling options to consider are:
- If the reception phone isn’t answered in X seconds, where should it be routed to?
- Would you like more than one phone to ring when the main line is called? – Call Group
- Would you like a different call group for accounts, sales, support etc?
- If all your staff are busy would you like a Call Queue with periodic announcements?
- Would you like to be able to Page the warehouse from the office?
Once phone numbers are allocated, users assigned and created in the cloud, then the handsets can be configured to connect to the CloudPBX utilising call handling features like IVR/Auto Attendant, Call Queues, Call Groups, Voicemail-to-Email.
Your CloudPBX consultant will communicate with you to understand your call flow configuration and service feature requirements and then work with our technical team to ensure your service is setup and running as you would like it. This can includes modifications to the system after initial deployment.
Simple Setup: $450 (+GST)
Complex Setup: $900 (+GST)
Low VoIP Calling Rates
virion uses the highest business grade vodecs and whitelist international carriers to ensure that along with cheap call rates, your business has the highest voice quality. These rates are approximately half of Telstra’s normal retail call rates which represent a huge saving. Prices do not include GST and are available on the Stratus Call Plan with Direct Debit authority.
|Calls to local numbers||unlimited (included)|
|Calls to national landlines||unlimited (included)|
|Calls from extension to extension||FREE|
|Calls to Australian mobile numbers||16c per minute billed by the second (no flag fall)|
|Popular International Destinations
Charged by the minute
New Zealand 2.9c
Hong Kong 2.9c
|Special numbers (13xxxx and 1300xxxxxx numbers)||25c per call|
What about my Telstra number?
Using your Telstra number is easy. Call diversion immediate can be setup on your Telstra phone number to your main virion indial number. This means that everyone who calls your normal number will be answered on your new IP phones. There is a cost for the diversion for each incoming call, but this only temporary before we transfer your Telstra number to virion and you start paying half price for it.
Transferring a number to virion is called “Porting” and its a process that can take 1-2 weeks to complete, but once its complete you will no longer be paying high monthly rates through Telstra for your phone service.
Virion support is available at no charge for virion customers. There are three potential areas where support queries arise for VoIP business telephone PBX systems:
Your connection to the internet
Speak to your ISP and ask about outages
Your local network and configuration of devices (like IP Handsets) at your office
Speak with your network or computer system consultant
Feature like call hold, transfer, Direct indial numbers, follow me and other PBX features
Click here for virion business telephone PBX support
How to use the features of your phone
Visit the website for the IP telephone vendor and search for the user guide for your model
Please contact us using the following details:
Hyphen Group Pty Ltd
13 Palmer St
BELMORE NSW 2192
|Phone||1300 497 436|
CloudPBX.com.au is a marketing service provided by 123 Group Pty Ltd for Hyphen Group Pty Ltd.