Using your broadband internet connection you can:
Phone numbers from $6pm
Use IP Handsets or FREE Smartphone Appls (Android and Apple)
Have the features of a business telephone system PBX without having to buy the equipment (it's hosted)
Connect remote extensions (like home workers) as part of your office telephone system, including international workers
Have voicemail alerts sent to your email
Your staff can be called directly or via an Auto Attendant, Call Group or Call Queue
The quality of your Broadband Internet access is critical if you wish to use it for your business phone calls and take advantage of cheap VoIP rates, plus other call handling features.
Important things to consider:
- Download and upload speeds (when you make calls, it is important that you have a good upload speed because that affects the quality of the voice data you send out).
- Quality of your modem (should have the ability to optimise for Voice data… called QoS – Quality of Service). This means that if there is a lot of voice and data traffic on your network, the voice traffic will be given priority.
- No tapering or shaping. Normally when you reach your download limit the speed of your connection is slowed down considerably. This is not ideal for voice communication because it renders the connection useless. Use a service that does not taper (but charges for excess usage) or a service that emails you with notification that you are close to your monthly quota (like iiNet).
- Use a Business grade plan because it is expected that you need the service up and running (with no downtime) most of the time. If this is critical see if your ISP has an SLA (Service Level Agreement).
- Ensure that your Business grade Broadband has been prioritised for Voice.
If you have more than 6 extensions we recommend a dedicated VoIP ADSL service for your voice traffic. Please Request a Quote for ADSL pricing.
The term ‘line’ is was associated with a copper wire coming into your office. This line normally comes with the functionality to allow you to make voice calls and each one comes with its own “telephone number”. With a VoIP Telephone system PBX the meaning is different.
Because you are using your Broadband Internet access to “transport” your calls, the term line (also known as a channel or extension) is referred to as a Subscription and can “handle” more than one concurrent conversation (at the same time). It also includes features like the ability to:
- Put a call on hold
- Transfer calls
- Have music on hold and transfer
- Allow for Direct indial to each extension (saves having to route the call through reception)
- Separate voicemail for each extension
With a CloudPBX System there is a cost per user that depends on the features you want. Standard Users are $30 per month and Premium Users are $60 per month but you can save 20% with an annual payment.
With your users setup you can purchase Direct Indial Numbers (called a DID) from just $6 per month. You can organise which users phone will ring based on a number of different scenarios, including an IVR (menu system) and even enable inbound callers to reach each user using an extension number.
A great feature of VoIP business grade telephone systems is that each User with voicemail can have the voicemail alerts emailed to the user of that number.
IP Telephone Handsets or Soft Phones
IP stands for Internet Protocol and the great feature about IP Phones and business grade VoIP telephone systems is that each handset is smart and doesn’t require connection to a PBX unit in your office.
Each device is configured to work with the CloudPBX system so you can take the phone home if you wish. You can even have a team of remote workers using the business phone system – including International remote contractors.
Get a large corporate business phone system for a small business price.
Soft Phones and Smartphone Apps enable you to use the microphone and speaker components of a mobile device (Apple or Android) with your home or office WiFi internet. Your team can use a smartphone device and have the advanced call handling features, include recording phone conversations for improved quality customer service. There is NO EXTRA cost for these softphones and they work very well.
IP Phone Handset Configuration
Some fundamental questions that need to be answered when a new IP handset is configured includes the DID (direct Indial Number) and Internal extension, which employee the phone is allocated to and their email address.
Other things to consider are:
- Do you want the DID to be visible to people your staff call?
- Would you prefer to have your main indial number show when staff call out?
- How do you want to access Voicemail (button on the phone or simply dial in)
- Do you want a different voicemail service for every employee or one central one?
The Setup cost for each handset includes it being configured for your CloudPBX, delivery to your office and remote support for your IT person when the phone arrives in your office.
What happens when your main incoming phone number is called? Do you want the reception phone to ring and then forward to another handset after 10 seconds? If that’s not answered, would you like the call to go to voicemail?
Call handling options to consider are:
- If the reception phone isn’t answered in X seconds, where should it be routed to?
- Would you like more than one phone to ring when the main line is called? – Call Group
- Would you like a different call group for accounts, sales, support etc?
- If all your staff are busy would you like a Call Queue with periodic announcements?
- Would you like to be able to Page the warehouse from the office?
Once phone numbers are allocated, users assigned and created in the cloud, then the handsets can be configured to connect to the CloudPBX utilising call handling features like IVR/Auto Attendant, Call Queues, Call Groups, Voicemail-to-Email.
Your CloudPBX consultant will communicate with you to understand your call flow configuration and service feature requirements and then work with our technical team to ensure your service is setup and running as you would like it. This can includes modifications to the system after initial deployment.
Low VoIP Calling Rates
CloudPBX Hosted PBX services use the highest business grade vodecs and whitelist international carriers to ensure that along with cheap call rates, your business has the highest voice quality.
These rates are in US dollars. Prices do not include GST and are available on automatic payment.
|Unlimited and free
|Calls to landlines
|2.14c per minute
|Calls from extension to extension
|Calls to Australian mobile numbers
|Under 7c per minute billed by the second (no flag fall)
|Popular International Destinations
Charged by the minute
New Zealand 2.9c
Hong Kong 2.9c
|Special numbers (13xxxx and 1300xxxxxx numbers)
|25c per minute
* These prices are indicative and will be confirmed when we provide a quote
What about my Telstra number?
Using your Telstra number is easy. Call diversion immediate can be setup on your Telstra phone number to your main Direct InDial (DID) number. This means that everyone who calls your normal number will be answered on your new IP phones. There is a cost for the diversion for each incoming call, but this is only temporary before we transfer your Telstra number to CloudPBX and you start paying half price for it.
Transferring a number to your CloudPBX Hosted PBX service is called “Porting” and its a process that can take 1-2 weeks to complete, but once its complete you will no longer be paying high monthly rates through Telstra for your phone service.
Just 15 minutes to get a customised quote for business VoIP
VoIP & CloudPBX support is available at no charge for customers. There are three potential areas where support queries arise for VoIP business telephone PBX systems:
Your connection to the internet
Your local network and configuration of devices (like IP Handsets) at your office
Feature like call hold, transfer, Direct indial numbers, follow me and other PBX features
How to use the features of your phone
Just 15 minutes to get a customised quote for business VoIP
Want to be a Service Partner? Please contact us using the following details:
123 Group Pty Ltd
Level 14, 309 Kent St
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Email: support @ virion.com.au
Phone: 1300 886 456
CloudPBX.com.au is a marketing service provided by 123 Group Pty Ltd for Service Sponsors